The Colfax Ave BID works to “fill the gaps” in the public realm that are difficult or impossible for individual business or property owners to address on their own.
- A Clean & Safe Colfax by installing and emptying the 55 trash bins along the avenue and hiring off-duty police and private security to patrol by foot and bike.
- Coordinated Advocacy with Denver City agencies in an effort to bring millions of dollars invested in Colfax and needed infrastructure through the General Obligation Bond (GO Bond), Capital Improvement Project funding, and financial resources for individual businesses from the Office of Economic Development.
- Public Events in the past have included the Root 40 Music Fest, Victorian Home Holiday Tour, and Art-i-fax Street Party – the 2017 Art-i-fax: Reflections will be on Saturday August 12, 2017.
- Placemaking efforts in the public realm help create a spirit and vibrancy to Colfax to attract people to come and spend time at the businesses. We created a Conceptual Master Streetscape Plan to guide a vision of Colfax to maintain its character while evolving in the 21st Century. Our new banners and painted utility boxes and intersections are examples.
- Making Community Connections with the surrounding neighborhood organizations help with sharing information and collaborating on issues
- Marketing & Promotion help comes in the form of promoting local business events on our website, in newspaper advertisements, and through social media.